Wednesday, October 20, 2010

halo reach jorge helemt

So I've been commissioned me to make a Jorge helmet from halo reach.  Now I have done some research on the web especially looking at the 405th squadron that is dedicated to making halo armor.  All the credit goes to theses guys and if you are ever interested in making some halo armor check out their site.  they will walk you through the process and are a great bunch of people.  The process they use is called pepakura which is basically taking a 3d object modeling it in the computer to wire frame image and then what they call unfolding which makes you able to print it on paper and then with some cutting, folding, and gluing you get the 3d image.  then they fiberglass it and then bondo to smooth out the edges not to mention a lot of sanding and you can paint it and you have a very reasonably priced set of armor.  The thing is it takes a lot of time.  I am doing the most complicated piece of the armor the helmet. There are literally 1000's of tabs that need to be glued together.  Plus matching number to number to keep it aligned is insane.  It takes at least 1/2 hour to cut the pieces out of the card stock and then score and bend all the tabs  not to mention finding the numbers to align them and then glue them together.  If you have a lot of time on your hands this is the project for you.  It's definitely interesting and it's pretty cool to see your hard work start taking shape.  but damn is it tedious.

here are some pics of the helmet to be made and then some of the pepakura process.


9 comments:

  1. how much would you want if u could make a Hei (darker than black) mask for me? because the average on the internet is $70 (including postage and handling) so i'm wondering if you could do one for cheaper? But not skimp on the quality? :D
    xoxo pineapples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! :D It's me Sachie from cosplay.com!
    I sent you a message... so maybe you can check your cosplay.com inbox? Because I haven't gotten a reply yet and I thought you might be inactive!
    It's about the Black Gold Saw sword commission!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I'm Madwithinsaity on cosplay.com I'm comissioning a Yoko rifle, please contact me as soon as you can, your cosplay.com inbox in full.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I go by Sanda on cosplay.com.

    Like others, I am having trouble reaching you on cosplay.com but I definitely would love to get that Aqua keyblade commission if at all possible. I hadn't decided if I was going to finish the outfit for Katsu, but everything is on schedule now so I'd love the key blade if you're still able to make it.
    My email is sazzduhnuh@gmail.com


    Thanks so much for your time and I can't wait to hear back from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jason,

    I'm danoof14th from cosplay.com and from what everyone has said, your cosplay.com inbox is full so no one can get you messages lol. I was just wondering how my Ultimo gauntlets are coming. The last I heard from you, you were testing out materials. I just wanted to know how that was coming.

    Thanks
    Danielle :)

    PS It wouldn't let me sign in with any account and set my name to 'bitch' so...yeah...it's not intentional! I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Love your stuff!

    I'm also interested in a Hei mask from Darker Than Black. I've seen others online that can make them but after seeing the quality of your work I have no doubt you'll make an awesome mask. Could you please e-mail me? I know your probably flooded with requests but I'd really appreciate it. I won't need it for awhile but I wanted to put in the request early.

    My e-mail is blackmesaboy@yahoo.com. I saw you have a Live account so if you want to add me to talk about it my tag is blackmesaboy.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your stuff is awesome!
    i'd like to purchase a Hei mask from you from darker than black. :)
    My email is csantist4103@yahoo.com.
    please message me as soon as you can :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jason,

    Danielle again. I realized I didn't post my email address, something that is probably handy. It's dan_d_lion_6@hotmail.com. I just need to know how those gauntlets are coming.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete