Saturday, August 14, 2010

steampunk wing designs

here are a couple steam punk wing design rough sketches I did for a potential customer.  I really hope I get to make one of these designs or something with a mix of all of them.  I have always wanted to make something steam punk but I haven't yet.


So these wings will be copper painted or copper coated and there will be a big Victorian clock in the middle of the backpack part with a bunch of different sized gears exposed on the top and the bottom of clock.  There will be brass pipes running out from the center of the wings and I'm sure I'll throw some rivets in there also there are a couple of gears on the outside of the wings as well.  A leather harness for the front with a simple button closure to secure it across the chest.

These wings will be made out of wood with a nice copper accent circle on the end of each wing.  Now I really like the design work in the game neo steam and heck I think if you can light it up it's better, so there are 2 tubes on the top and one on the bottom that will be frosted and a nice blue led in there to give it some cool glowing effect.  If I'm feeling really crazy I can have it so a couple of the leds have the fade in fade out effect. I think a steam gauge popping out of the bottom of it would be cool and of course the obligatory big copper pipe and a nice curly q copper tubing as well. A nice Victorian face clock on the outside and I want the bottom part of the back pack open so you can see the gears.  A simple leather harness with a belt buckle closure to keep it secure around the chest area should do it.

now these wings are gonna be a metal painted  with a nice copper accent round at the base of the wings leading to the back pack part.  I want to put some various gears in between each wing part to give it the steam punk look.  The body of the back pack  will be leather and I think a copper exhaust pipe up top a big copper tube running down one side a steam gauge in the lower part of the pack a curly Q copper pipe some gears mounted on the outside and of course a turn valve on the bottom  a simple leather harness with a clasp closure to keep it secure
these wings are gonna be wood but the lower half of each wing is gonna be copper plated  the nice stained wood and the copper should make it pop.  I wanna do a Victorian number like a clock on the end of each wing .  I'm thinking like an ivory colored circle and a black Victorian roman numeral.  now in between each wood part of the wing I'm thinking a nice heavy canvas material like for a sail.  the body of the back pack is gonna be a nice leather material a copper exhaust pip on the bottom a copper tube running from the bottom to the right side top a pressure knob valve and i would like to have another frosted tube that has a blue led in it on the top left side.  Then i would like the middle of the back pack to be open with various gears and pipes running through it.  A simple harness with a button clasp to keep it secure.

1 comment:

  1. Seen a lot of these Steampunk clocks out there; personally I love steampunk, but I'm not so interested in watches (whether they actually work or are jsut for show).

    I love your work but as much as I'd like to comission something, I have zero dollars to re-pay you if I did want to comission something.

    ReplyDelete