Thursday, August 1, 2013

Adventure Time Demon Sword

So this is Finn's demon sword from adventure time.  I made this because I want to give it to the artists of the adventure time comic shelli Paroline and Braden Lamb at Boston Comic Con.  I alos have some other goodies for them as well which I will add to the blog.  My whole family loves adventure time, in all it's forms.  We had the pleasure of meeting the artists last year at Boston Comic Con and this year I want to give them a thank you for all fun reading we've had this year.

Here is a official picture of the demon sword from the adventure time Wikipedia site. 

So I started with a 1/2 thick piece of MDF board and cut the basic shape out of it.  Once I was happy with it I added 1/4 inch thick MDF board to the hand guard and hilt on both sides.  this makes the hilt and hand guard thicker than the blade.  So once the glue dried I went ahead and finish sanded it and then went on to paint it.  Once it was painted I sealed it with acrylic sealer and then used some red vinyl fabric for the leather around the hilt.  Pretty fun little project and I hope the artists like it.
 
Here are some pics of it.




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment