Monday, August 5, 2013

Adventure Time Flame Princess Cosplay

So I made this Adventure Time Flame Princess cosplay for my daughter for Boston Comic Con 2013.  The debut of it was delayed by 3 months because of the Boston marathon bombing which postponed the convention.  I did not want to put it out until we could debut it in public.  Here it is.

 So I did not have a pattern for the dress so I winged it and it worked out pretty good.  When she tried it on we decided to go with a petticoat underneath to give it the poofiness that her dress has, pictured below


I'm a horrible photographer but it does have the train in the back of the dress.   I styled the wig as well, this was the first time I had styled a wig and I am very happy with how it turned out.  I added some of the tule fabric to the wig to give it a little more of the flame look.  The flame ball lights up as well but with the lighting in this picture you can't see it.  
 You can see the flame prince I made on the shelf behind her for her friends Fionna cosplay.  The flame prince gets turned into the little poof ball flame guy in the Fionna and cake comic.

 I told her to make an angry face and she laughed instead.  Finally got a smile though.

 Cake looking out of Fionna's backpack on the side.
 My daughter and her friend in all their adventure time awesomeness.  I made the crystal sword, backpack, cake, and hat as well.  The shirt, skirt and socks for Fionna were purchased.

 We saw an awesome Sloth from the movie the Goonies walking around so being huge fans we had to get a picture of the two of them.
 Plus they had a Jabba the hut can't pass that photo opportunity up.
 Boston.com asked to take a picture of my group of 3 kids to put on their site and this is it.  You can see it on Boston.com under scenes from Boston Comic Con 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment